HAWAII'S LEADER IN NON-SURGICAL KNEE CARE
The majority of painful knee problems such as arthritis, tendonitis, sprained ligaments and loss of cartilage don’t require surgery. At Regenerative Medicine & Rehabilitation of Hawaii, we specialize in diagnosing and treating knee conditions with a holistic approach that harnesses your body’s own healing mechanisms. Our customized treatments and expertise have helped thousands of patients restore function to their fullest potential.
OUR PERSONALIZED APPROACH
With our integrative and functional philosophy, we to get to know you during your initial consultation and throughout the treatment process. We evaluate your condition to help nurture knee recovery in the most naturopathic way possible. We believe that you are unique and that no single procedure is best for every patient. We may recommend a single treatment option or a more involved multi-step cellular regimen for the best results possible.
KNEE CARE & COMMON CONDITIONS
Our goal is to optimize knee function without surgery or addictive painkillers using treatments that are rich in your body’s own stem cells. The source of your knee pain can be elusive. It sometimes originates outside of the joint. The knee is complex with many parts working to keep it protected, stable and mobile. A healthy, functioning knee is kept in motion by the quality of its components that include:
- Cartilage and meniscus that line the joint interior
- Ligaments and tendons that support the knee
- Muscles and nerves to control and monitor force
- Fluid that lubricates and allows the joint to glide
Forty years ago, painful knee conditions were treated with cortisone injections, which damages the knee joint over time. If cortisone didn’t help, surgery was often recommended. Over the past 20 years, researchers have discovered that arthroscopic knee surgery often doesn’t alleviate arthritis and can worsen outcomes for meniscus injuries.
Today, Regenexx data shows that our holistic treatments are trusted alternatives. Our procedure uses a national registry which shows that the average knee arthirtis patients can get about 60% relief. We are able to show MRI evidence of healing and excellent long-term outcomes in select ACL tears that represent about 70% of the cases that get operated on today.
Your body’s own platelets, cells, growth factors and cytokines can effectively improve knee pain, range of motion, strength and overall function.
Dr. Dwight Lin is dedicated to finding the best treatment option for your knee. During your consultation, we will identify and understand your unique needs. A personalized treatment is developed to restore knee function with less pain. Using proprietary Regenexx injection-based procedures, we can treat injuries and problems such as arthritis, wear and tear, meniscus damage, ACL and MCL sprains.
COMMONLY TREATED KNEE CONDITIONS
Arthritis (or Osteoarthritis, degenerative or age-related ‘wear and tear’)
Bursitis (Fluid near the joint)
Cartilage Injury or Defect
Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITB)
Knee effusion (Fluid from trauma or arthritis)
Ligament Sprains (MCL, LCL or ACL)
Meniscus Injury, Defect or Tear
Sprain or Strain
Tendinopathy (Patellar Tendon, Hamstring Tendonitis)
SIGNS OF KNEE CONDITIONS
Early diagnosis and treatment can help avoid serious issues and prevent future surgery. Watch for these signs and symptoms:
- Knee pain that persists or recurs
- Popping, clicking or locking of the knee
- Knee aches during and after exercise
- Knee stiffness or tightness after a car ride or sitting
- Knee pain that prevents sleep
- Inability to bend a knee or decreased knee motion
- Difficulty walking or climbing stairs due to knee pain
- Normal walking sends forces through the knee that is equivalent to three times your body weight and the impact of running is up to seven times.
- Smoking and vaping damage the microscopic blood vessels that our bodies need to deliver oxygen, nutrients and healing mechanisms.
- Lifestyle choices can affect your knee condition.
- The right type and amount of exercise will reduce knee pain.
- Losing 10 pounds can reduce symptoms of arthritis.
- Genetics will predispose some people to more symptoms of knee arthritis, regardless of lifestyle choices.
- Surgery should be considered a last resort.